Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Whew!

We're back to our "normal" (I use that term very loosely because there is no normal around here.) routine around here. Spring Break is done, Hubby is back from his fishing trip, extra kids went home....It always feels good to get back to life. Not that I'm complaining at all about last week. It actually went better than I thought it would. My only complaint is that the weather was pretty cruddy. Cold and cloudy. Just plain ish.

Today I spent the day cleaning out corners, washing floors and clothes. Nothing able mabel related (well, except for cleaning up my workspace.). I wasn't in the mood. I think I needed a good day of cleaning.

Our three year old decided that he doesn't want to be potty trained anymore. So much for thinking he was so easy to train. No "punishment" has worked so far. Creative thinking is required now. On Sunday, I brought him to Target and had him pick out some candy. The deal is that every time he doesn't go in the toilet, everyone except him gets candy. Today was day #1 of this idea. He's had two "accidents" so far today. I've calmly cleaned him up and then made a big deal of handing out the candy to everyone else. He was pretty upset. This is one of our most stubborned kids so far. He tests the limits big time but if we stay firm, he'll do what we want him to and then he's super good. I think he just needs his boundaries set. We'll see if the candy deal backfires. It seems a bit cruel but I'm at my wits end with it that I'm willing to try anything. (I'm not sure why I felt the need to tell you that, but...)

Supper is calling! Later!

No comments: