Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sometimes you just have to step away...

This morning I did my morning routine and while my kids were playing outside I decided to dig into these coasters. I had about a half hour until lunchtime.
I have these four little stacks ready to go. The pieces are all cut out, I just need to find backgrounds for them. Easy Peasy. I have a definite vision for these sets. I know exactly what I was going to do with them. I have one more stack that I'm not totally sure what to do with. For some odd reason, that stack was the first one I picked up to work on. Not a very wise choice on my part. You'd think I'd know by now that if I don't have a plan, things usually turn out crummy. But no, I'm a slow learner at times.

They started one way but I wasn't liking the direction they were going. I put them down and made lunch for everyone. I got my kids down for naps, hubby back out the door to work and started in on them again. I was feeling like things were going from bad to worse.
This is as far as I got before I decided to throw the towel in. Blech! Something is missing and I'm not sure what. I'll just let them "stare" at me for a days/weeks and something will come. It always does. I was feeling like I was "forcing" it to happen and it just wasn't working. It's wasn't a waste of time...it was "research and development", except nothing got developed. (hee hee)

I looked over at my stack other coasters-to-be and had an inner debate with myself...coasters or exercise...My whole family benefits when Mom exercises so exercise it was. (You see, I exercise not only for the physical benefit, but also for the mental benefit. There's nothing like a good workout to uplift the mood and get a "fresh" prospective on life.) The coasters can wait. It's not like the shop is empty! ;) I'll maybe give them another shot either this evening or tomorrow.

Here's what I got done on Saturday afternoon....

The top two are pouches, the bottom two are baby blankets. I only had a little bit of sewing time, but it was better than nothing! The name of the game is sneaking in "play" time whenever I can, and enjoying every minute of it!
Now my baby is up from her nap and is cooing away. I think I'll go smooch her for a while. She's gotten ticklish and lets out a squeal of delight everytime she gets kissed. Life is good!


1 comment:

Sarah Niemela said...

Send me that baby to tickle!!! Or at least a picture.....