- We've been really lazy around here since Saturday. I took some of the kids to the library and we checked out arm loads of books. All of us (hubby included) have been loafing around reading. It's an awesome thing to do every once in a while!
- The kids are on Spring Break this week. Nothing exciting planned. I went thru their clothes today to see what they each need for summer. Great fun.
- One of these Spring Break days is going to be all able mabel. I have one more custom order to work on and a pile of delightful fabric to dig into. I can't wait!!
- Mothering can sometimes be a crappy job. We're working on training our three year old. He's pretty much got it down except he gets lazy about going #2 in the toilet. If he does go in the toilet, he'll wipe himself if I don't catch him fast enough. Not a pretty sight! I've already accidentally flushed down one pair of whitie tighties the toilet trying to rinse them out. (They're now floating blissfully along in the city's septic system. It was a total accident, promise!!) I've thrown a couple pairs away because I didn't want to deal with it. Why I felt the need to tell you that...I'm not sure.
- We've decided to try out the rental market on our MN house. I put it on craigslist on Thursday (a total whim on my part) and received 2 replies within an hour of listing. We've gotten about 9 people interested in the place so far.
- I'm a bit surprised at the gall of some of them. One lady told us that she wouldn't rent from us unless we put a deck off the dining room and took out the carpet on the stairs. Her list of "requirements" was actually quite long...I'll spare you the details. I told her thanks, but no thanks we'll find someone else. Whatever. No wonder she can't find the "perfect" house.
- We had our first run in with the police and our kids this weekend. Our almost two year old took off down the sidewalk after her older brother, who was riding his bike. They were within eyesight of my husband, who was working in the garage. He went after her but before he got there some lady had stopped and was already on her phone with the cops. She chewed him out for not watching our kids closely enough. The cop showed up about 10 minutes later. He was super cool about the whole thing. I appreciate her concern but at least talk to us first instead of getting on the horn right away. This is the first (and hopefully last) time our daughter has left the yard. Sheesh...it's going to be a long summer.
- I took up one of the dining room table this evening (a Monopoly game was going on at the other end) and worked on some light switch covers. It's been a while since I've done any of them. It's always nice to change things up a bit.
- Should I go to bed or read a bit more...Who needs sleep anyway?!?!
Monday, March 23, 2009
not all necessarily able mabel related...