Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm not sure why I'm not in bed yet...

It's late. I finally got my baby settled down. She's been super squirmy since about 7pm. I bounced her thru a game of Monopoly with my husband (I lost by a mile. What else is new...he always wins.), got her settled (or so I thought), only to have her wake up again as I was going to get ready for bed. I perched down at the computer to bounce her on my lap again until she finally fell asleep. I decided I better update until I know for sure she's down...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Newborns are a lot of fun but a lot of work at the same time!!!

I got my first order of Minky fabric today. It's got to be the best stuff out there...so soft and cozy! I ordered a leopard print because it looked so...well...wild. I'm not sure what I'll pair with it but I don't doubt that I'll find something! Makes me want to pull out the sewing machine right now! I have to lay off the fabric buying until I get some stuff sewn. Or at least once the fabric I already ordered came. Then I can spread it all out and decide which fabric will be for which item. I can already feel the pin picks on the tips of my fingers!!! So exciting!

Actually the first thing I need to do (once I get the fabric) is work on two blankets someone custom ordered. Custom orders are fun, yet a little bit nerve-wracking at the same time. It's always a toss up whether or not the customer is going to like what I come up with. They may have one version in their head and I could have a totally different one. This order won't be bad since the blanket she wants is already in our shop...she just wants a larger size.

I think she's finally out...I better hit the sheets while I can. Good Night! See you in the morning!

No comments: