Thursday, June 25, 2009

Since bullet style is so cool...

I'll use it again today!
  • We spent a few hours at the beach today with my apron model and her kids, along with other friends. They are moving out of state this weekend so we're trying to see them as much as we can. It'll be sad to see them go!

  • As we were waiting for Dolly Do to wake up from her nap, I started in on the stack of blankets I had cut out yesterday.
  • I used up the last of this fabric, among a few others. This one will go on ArtFire sometime tonight.
  • I'm going to try sneak in some more sewing time this evening. (Yeah right, who am I fooling?!?)
  • I wish I would have taken my camera out to get some shots of the kids gathered around my machine. It kept them entertained (you know, who got to pick the pins out and sloop them up with the magnetic pin cushion.) while they were pacing the floor, w-a-i-t-i-n-g for baby to wake up.
  • My oldest two girls got fried at the beach. I was the one who put sunscreen on them this morning. I'm feeling like a bad mom for not remembering to reapply it after a few hours. They're sitting in the tub as I type.
  • When we got home, I sat down for a bit to work some more on these blankets. As I was topstitching, I felt like I was being watched.
  • Sure enough, I was.
  • My daughter was playing house and left her baby on the table. I'll have to give her the "no child left behind" schpeal. You could get reported for that kind of thing! ;)
  • Chicken Pot Pie is on the menu for tonight. The kids love it. Hubby? Not so much. He's a bit tired of eating it. Sorry Hubs, the kids taste buds win tonight.
  • I've been trying to follow the advice of a friend when it comes to laundry. She folds the clean clothes right out of the dryer. It's working today, so far. I do find that I haven't gotten very many loads washed but at least I don't have piles all over my living room.
  • I spent about an hour yesterday morning browsing Fabric.com looking for fabric for the church craft sale. All their quilting cotton was an additional 30% off. Can't wait for that package to arrive!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!
  • Our trip to WA is off again for a variety of excuses, I mean, reasons. Stay tuned, the status seems to change daily.
  • My three year old has a new "line". When I ask him to stop doing something, he says "Dat annoying, Mom?"
  • I better step outside and see if it's cooled off yet. We just got some rain showers. I would love to be able to turn off the air conditioning and open the windows.

2 comments:

Cindy and Mindy said...

Great post. I love reading yours daily because it has that dry sense of humor that adds to the fun! And no, you're not a bad mother! If we all forgot to reapply sunscreen or remember to make our older kids do it, we'd all be arrested! Been there, done that. Heck, I even have to remind hubby.
Don't forget to post pics of the new fabric when it arrives. Even though I don't sew anymore, I remember those days, drooling for fabric!

Unknown said...

I just awarded your blog a prize. See my blog here for the info. http://theshutterbugeye.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-award.html