Monday, October 26, 2009

Tidbits from able mabel land

I had "promised" myself that tonight after I get my kids in bed, I was going to work on some paper crafts....magnets and light switch covers. Here I sit. Blogging. After flying around doing 90mph all day, it's the last thing I feel like doing. Guess I'll have to set aside one morning later this week.

I was feeling all bummed out today. My baby is just too old to model for me without it being a major headache. Our sessions have been going something like this...

  • Pose baby "just so"
  • pick up camera while holding baby in place with one hand
  • coo loudly in an attempt to distract her
  • heave a sigh as she rolls over and makes a mad dash for freedom, giggling at herself
  • drag her back onto blanket
  • plop her back into position
  • focus camera while trying to keep blanket in place
  • try to "settle down" kicking legs and pat-a-cake arms
  • finally give up
  • plant a noisy smooch on her cheek and send her off to play.

Now I have to go find myself another baby to use. Oh wait!! I just remembered! Our newest godchild is coming over sometime this week. Maybe I can sneak in a photo shoot with her. She's little enough that it should be easy peasy! What a hassle though to always have to go find a model. Such is life, I guess. I wouldn't have to use a "live" baby but I think it just makes the blankets feel more "real". I'm trying a new marketing scheme with our pouches. They get buried instantly in the purses section so I'm going to market them as a diaper pouch, with the option of using it for other things. I started a Project Wonderful campaign this morning, specifically targeting baby blogs and sites. I'll let you know how it all shakes out. (sorry for the small thumbnail...it's the one I'm using for the ads and it has to be 125x125.

I think I just stumbled upon a new soon-to-be favorite snack. During my afternoon break from sewing, I dished myself a bowl of yogurt. I opened the silverware drawer to get a spoon and shockingly enough, there weren't any clean spoons. I spied a bag of pita chips on the counter (left here by a friend last night) and the light bulb went on. Don't knock it 'til you try it. Besides I can't imagine I'm the first one to try such a treat. I'm sure it's been around for years and I'm just finally being "enlightened" to it. Some of us are slower than others!
Shoot! There was one more thing I was going to spew but it escapes me at this moment! Guess I better hit the sheets then! See you all in the morning!

1 comment:

jessica said...

guess it's time for you to have another one....