I was feeling all bummed out today. My baby is just too old to model for me without it being a major headache. Our sessions have been going something like this...
- Pose baby "just so"
- pick up camera while holding baby in place with one hand
- coo loudly in an attempt to distract her
- heave a sigh as she rolls over and makes a mad dash for freedom, giggling at herself
- drag her back onto blanket
- plop her back into position
- focus camera while trying to keep blanket in place
- try to "settle down" kicking legs and pat-a-cake arms
- finally give up
- plant a noisy smooch on her cheek and send her off to play.
Now I have to go find myself another baby to use. Oh wait!! I just remembered! Our newest godchild is coming over sometime this week. Maybe I can sneak in a photo shoot with her. She's little enough that it should be easy peasy! What a hassle though to always have to go find a model. Such is life, I guess. I wouldn't have to use a "live" baby but I think it just makes the blankets feel more "real". I'm trying a new marketing scheme with our pouches. They get buried instantly in the purses section so I'm going to market them as a diaper pouch, with the option of using it for other things. I started a Project Wonderful campaign this morning, specifically targeting baby blogs and sites. I'll let you know how it all shakes out. (sorry for the small thumbnail...it's the one I'm using for the ads and it has to be 125x125.