Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm trying to talk myself

out of feeling like I wasted this afternoon away.

(Please excuse all the typos today. I'm typing on a laptop the size of my big toe. Anyone have a magnifying glass I can borrow? My baby is also crawling all over my lap. Don't ask why I don't just move...that would make too much sense!!)

My morning started out just lovely. My baby slept all morning, we got our wireless internet hooked up, I sold 5 lovies to someone here local, a local boutique wants to see samples of our stuff, my house is clean, kids are happy...what more could a gal ask for?

A friend was suppose to come over this afternoon to work on some craft sale stuff but her little girl got sick and so she cancelled. I was left feeling like I had a "free" afternoon. I pulled out my fabric stash and started experimenting with some hot pad holders for the sale.

My standard line goes something like this..."Oh, that looks easy. I'm sure it won't be hard at all!" In reality, most often it takes a few screwups to figure it all out. That was the case this afternoon. The only thing I'm left with is a pile of threads, a few more grey hairs and a rumbling tummy (it's almost supper time afterall!!).

On the bright side, the next time I pull out the hot pad holders, I'll be able to get right on them with no experimenting! Now that would be wonderful!!

1 comment:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

I had to giggle at your "oh, this will be easy" line--how many times have I said that? Or "Oh, I could make that!" Sigh. :) That's okay, we make up for it with enthusiasm, right??

Sounds like you have many wonderful things happening lately. Congrats, and give yourself a moment to enjoy!