Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It was just one teeny tiny project!

I woke up this morning determined to plow thru this stack of paperwork on my desk and de-clutter the counters in the kitchen. It's amazing how fast it all piles up! I wasn't going to do anything able mabel related until I was done with it. (heeheee! We all know better than to believe that one!) I started emptying the Wal-Mart bag and found this dress I bought on clearance for Baby Doll. It was a whole $4.


I knew when I bought it that the neckline would be an issue. I'm not a fan of off-the-shoulder dresses/shirts, especially for kids and this looked like it had potential to be one. I started rummaging around my scrap bin and found...

these pieces. I decided to add them to the straps. (relax, I did iron them before I began.) It was a nice, fast, easy process. I also though it needed a little bit of pink ric rac along the edge of the strap. (The dress has white ric rac on the skirt part.)

Viola! I'm not wild about the pink ric rac but she never sits still long enough for anyone to notice it.

(You have no idea how hard it is to get a sitting up picture of a squirmy 5 and a half month old. Pardon the afghan in the background. It was the only thing I could find to cover the pillows I have propping her up.)

Oops! I just got busted by the Tupperware lady. I worked out this morning and I'm still in my workout clothes, sweaty hair and all. She stopped by to drop off some new pots and pans for me. I had sent mine in a month ago to be warrantied out. I forgot she was going to stop by today. Sigh!! Story of my life!

My paperwork awaits. I need to get it done before I head off to our son's kindergarten graduation this afternoon. (His older sisters are green with envy. They never got one in MN!) What were the teachers thinking, scheduling it at 2pm? Smack dab in the middle of nap time! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

jen said...

Nice save on the dress! Isn't it fun to improve things?