Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It was 10:15 pm,

I was humming merrily to myself as I was putting some finishing details on a few set of coasters. I was going to finish them up, update my blog, do some cost of living research (hubby may get a raise here shortly, yay!!) all before hubby got home from his meeting. I figured I had about a half hour or 45 minutes before he got home. Suddenly I see a blue blur thru the front door, the door swings open and there is his smiling mug. Shoot. I mean, great that he got home early but I wasn't done yet! No, seriously, it's all good! I love it when he walks in the door!

I'm ticked! I can't find my pictures from March 2009. I have a bunch of unedited, unlisted pictures in that month. Now I'll have to retake them all!

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Banana!
Banana who?
Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Banana!

Okay, I'll spare you but you have to check out this super cool sign I got in a package of goodness from JB on Saturday.



Isn't it so neat!! There were two others that are similar in there also.

All the kids were squealing with delight when they saw JB's address on the package. A chorus of disappointed "awwwwwww!!!!!!'s" arose when they realized it was all for able mabel. I continued to squeal as I pawed thru the package.

She sent some yummy aprons along too. After I make a mad dash to WalMart for some dog food this morning, a friend is going to come over and model them for me. Before she comes, I'll have to snuggle up to the iron and get the "travel lines" out of them.

Now I'm off the glaze the coasters...they'll be dried well before any of those obnoxious bike tracks make their appearance! You'd think I'd learn one of these days to keep my works-in-progress out of harms way. (all completed product that passes the QC test is tucked safely away in totes.) But no, I continue to be a bonehead. Yesterday I had all the coasters all lined up on the kitchen counter waiting for their top coat of sealer. I usually seal them at the same time that I'm adhering the paper to the tile. Yesterday I decided to do it in two different steps. My daughter was doing the dishes last night and managed to splatter coffee across three of them. If they had been sealed, I could have just wiped them off. Instead, I had to "re-create" them to hide the coffee splatters. Not a big deal because you'd never know looking at them now. Guess I like to make my life more challenging than it needs to be.

No comments: