Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday Morning all you faithful readers!

I'm feeling rather giddy after a nice relaxing weekend away! It's absolutely beautiful outside this morning. JB is coming over this morning and we're going to go on a walk. Life can't get much better (well, I guess if those piles of laundry would put themselves away. Pesky little things!)!

As of today, able mabel has no "obligations" (custom orders) to work on. We have two possibilities in the works. Custom orders are nice but it's equally nice to be able to go down to our "studio" (I should post pictures of it so you all can have a good laugh at it!) and work on whatever we want to work on. I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head.

I talked to Mom yesterday from her show in Orlando. Sounds like only a few cards sold, but some gallery owner would like to possibly purchase some of the African American babies. Our conversation was quick so I'll have to get details when she gets back in town. We're going to list them on Etsy. I'm wondering if we need to open a second shop for those. I'm a little worried about our store getting too "cluttered" and overwhelming to shop at. On the other hand, if the cards catch peoples eye then there is always the chance they'll find something else in our store to buy. What do you think? Is it possible to have too much stuff listed in one store?

My mom would also like me to handle the marketing of the cards. Yikes, that's a huge job. I don't have any sort of education in marketing, so I could definitely use some tips there. (Oh Faithful Reader in Maple Plain, HELP!)

Whew! Didn't realize I had so much to say this morning! I could go on and on but I'll spare you (just this one time. The laundry is still sitting there and the "natives" are getting restless!).

I'll be back! In the meantime...Behave!

No comments: