Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I stole

(You don't have to rat on me. I know stealing isn't right but it's okay in this instance.) a few hours this afternoon to work onthis blanket. It's being modeled by my very "willing" assistant. I think she's not super impressed with laying on the floor instead of the usual Pampered Princess blanket and pillow. I can't say I like it either but that's why there's a cropping tool on the photo editing programs...I would have waited until morning to take these pictures but this blanket is for a custom order and I told my customer that I'd have it done today.
While I was at it, I decided to do a
"lazy man's patchwork" blanket. Rumpled, wrinkled and strings still attached. Looks like I'll have to iron it up before I take "real" pictures of it. I do love the fabrics in this one.

I also did up another mushroom lovie. The last three have traveled to Australia (as I already stated on Facebook) so I'm curious to see where this one will go. This was the only one I was able to get listed simply because I've done it before and I was able to relist it instead of having to take all new pictures and such.


I was trying to be an equal opportunity sewer today but alas, the girls won. I flat out ran out of time. I had another boy blanket all ready to go but life happens...it was time to start dinner, the kids came home from school, the littles woke up from their naps, etc.
I promised myself that tomorrow, after I get my cleaning done, I'll pull out the paper crafts. I have a customer waiting for her light switch covers and I just got the supplies to do it in the mail today. A change of medium will be nice.
Yawn! Did I put you all to sleep with such a boring blog post?!?!

No comments: