Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All I did today

was boring stuff like cleaning, so I'll share a conversation I had with my three year old this afternoon.

He woke up from his nap earlier than the other kids. I pulled out a bag of Sun Chips and gave each of us a little pile. He saw me reach into the bag for another helping (I was so busted!).

"Hey! Can I please have more chips?"
"Nope."
"Why?"
"Cuz I'm a pig and you're not."
"I'm a pig too. Can I have more chips?"
"No."
"Why did you get more chips?"
"Because I'm the Mom."
(without missing a beat, he replied...) "I'm a kid. Now can I have more?"

So much for any authority in this household.

(for the record...I did not give him more chips. He got a gummy worm instead.)

3 comments:

Jessica Cauthon said...

I so look forward to having these conversations with my girl in 2 and a half years. :o)

Tommye said...

Art Linkletter was right.

Cindy and Mindy said...

Too funny! I have that same conversation with my kid too.......but he just turned 15!