Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweet Pea is pleased...

she scored on not one, not two, but three burp cloths today.

Two of them are slightly boy-ish, but she doesn't mind.

I had my sewing machine out today and was re-learning how to sew. It's been months since I've sat down (okay, hunched over) and used one. I started slow, working on some burp cloths. I was hoping to be able to use them for able mabel, but I don't think they'll quite cut it. I'm sure they look fine to some people, but I wouldn't feel good selling them as is. Most of it is a learning curve with my machine, figuring out it's little quirks, stitch settings and such. I'll just use them for Dolly and do some others for able mabel.

I seem to think that I need to do things almost perfectly the first time. As if...this is a new machine to me and I can't expect to sit down and know exactly how it works the first time. I'm trying not to be too frustrated with myself at what could be considered a lack of production today. Feels a little bit like a wasted day.

I'm going to put the sewing machine away for the day and this evening work on some cupcake coasters a customer ordered. This will be a new challenge for me since she only wants me to use solid colors and I'm so used to using patterned paper. A challenge is usually a good thing!

No comments: