Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Have you checked out my mom's shop lately?




I'm working on getting some magnets listed for her. Here's a quick sampling of them. Oops, I forgot that this collage is all unedited pictures. Oh well, you get the idea anyway.


For those of you who don't know my mom, she is a doll maker. She sculpts her dolls out of polymer clay staring with a tin foil ball for the brain and going from there. It's fascinating to watch her work. Their faces and little hands and feet coming to life! The only thing she doesn't make herself are the eyeballs, those are glass. She designs the wigs, clothes and all the props needed for each doll. Click here for her website and her blog. She sells her dolls to various galleries around the country and also does a few shows a year. Ones like IDEX and such.

I've gotta say, my new favorite of her dolls are the teal fairy girls. Aren't they just the cutest things around?!?


(looks like this one needs a little light shed on her!)

We're working on expanding her product line to the magnets and light switch covers, along with the cards. So far there are only a few of each listed, but that'll change over the next few weeks.

She's just one talented lady! (I'm not just saying that because she's my mom either!)






2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Holy COW! those are AWESOME! I thought they were pictures of actual babies at first! what a talent!

BOWquet said...

Beautiful dolls!