Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm sitting on the back patio with my cup of coffee and laptop, wearing my ancient glasses, my bedhead is out of control and the only noise I can hear is the chirping of the birds. All the kids are still sleeping. Bliss. I'm enjoying every moment of it because I know it could be my last quiet morning for a good long while. I wish there was a way I could bottle up some of this peace and quiet for later.

I'm heading into the doctor this afternoon. I'm hoping to I get a sympathetic midwife, one who will agree to induce me sometime this weekend. I'm trying to get my list of reasons down pat so she'll agree to sometime tomorrow or Sunday but not get her too freaked out that she'll want to send me straight to the hospital from my appointment. I feel like I'm back in speech class again, practicing a two minute speech over and over again in my head.

While I watch the hours on the clock go past, I have a lot to get done. Pictures to take for able mabel, my hospital bag to pack, cleaning to do, errands to run. Whew. Will I be able to get it all done before this afternoon? I excel at "performing under pressure" aka procrastinating, so I'm hoping to make the best of this trait today.

No comments: