Wednesday, December 30, 2009

After lunch

I found these three hunched over at the table.Sketchpad and scrapping supplies spread out all over. They were all in their glory!

I hated to disrupt their concentration but I made them move their mess into the kitchen so I could spread out my sewing stuff on the table. Mean mom! :) Actually they didn't mind and soon we were all grinning and satisfied with how the afternoon was panning out.

I was sewing merrily along, in my own little world. I paused to turn the corner on the blanket I was sewing when all of a sudden my machine took off, sewing like mad all on it's own. I was just about to have a heart attack when I heard the squeal of delight from under the table. I peeked down to see Baby Doll poised and ready to have another to at the presser foot. She had been playing quietly in the living room and I didn't see her slip into the dining room to join the "fun". She was quite pleased with herself, clapping her dimpled hands together!

Take my word for it...sewing with a baby on the floor is not recommended!

Once she was distracted upstairs in the playroom, I was able to get a few more blankets done. It was positively blissful to spend some time sewing! I'm hoping to continue tomorrow afternoon. We'll see...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, I'll never forget the first time my kiddo crawled under the table and pressed my foot pedal down. Scared the daylights out of me!!

What a cute photo! Hurray for artsy-craftsy kids!

Karen said...

LOL That is so cute. I am glad you figured it out! I had a defective foot pedal that would take off on its own. Not fun! LOL