- graham crackers (about 7 crackers per house)
- Royal Icing (slowing mix 5 cups of powder sugar into 3 egg whites. Beat for 10 minutes)
- sprinkles (kids love these, Moms on clean up duty don't)
- plastic baggies
- paper plates
- a few friends
- a healthy dose of patience
- an already messy floor (if your floor is spotless to start with, it won't be when you're done!)
- toddlers who are napping, thus greatly reducing the amount of patience needed
Scoop some icing into a baggie. Squish it all down into one corner and cut that corner off so you can squirt the icing out in a nice, clean way. Squeeze from the top of the bag, sliding all the icing down to the cut corner. Give each kid their own baggie of icing to use. This will greatly reduce the amount of squabbling.
Let the kids go to town attaching candy to their houses with icing.