Thursday, April 23, 2009

My machine wasn't the only thing

humming today.

My husband called earlier to let me know that things are looking better job-wise. On Monday, he was informed that the company they're doing business under is no longer a company, leaving the operations in Colorado without a parent company. We had a stressful few days, not sure what was going to happen. We were told that he'd get paid thru this week and then that was it. Today another company flew into town to look at taking over and they'd like him to work for them. While we're not out of the woods yet (details still have to get figured out), we're at least less stressed.

That news kicked off some cost cutting measures around the house. First off, I started hang drying the laundry. In doing so I discovered a shortcut of sorts. When you towel off with a crunchy line-dried towel, you can exfoliate your body at the same time! I'm not a fan of the "crunch" so before now, I've avoided line drying.

Contrary what my mother thinks, I have been working on able mabel stuff this week. Coasters on Monday and Tuesday, signs yesterday, sewing today, pictures tomorrow....I just haven't blogged about it yet.

I've also been trying to convince my baby that sleeping isn't just for newborns. Big four-and-a-half month old girls can, and should, sleep too. In fact, it's highly recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, something this mother agrees with! There's not much worse than waking up at 2am, fumbling in the dark to find her pacifier, hop back into bed and realize that once again, Hubby has done the "Burrito". You know, rolled up in all the covers and I have to unroll him so I can have even a little corner of them. Oh well. I still love them both.

1 comment:

FlightFancy said...

Sounds like a week of adventures! My hubby does the same thing, so I just put my freezing feet to his backside to get those covers back! Stop by my blog, there's an award for you! :)