Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hightlights from the weekend.

This was the first Memorial Day weekend in many years we didn't go camping. We both had mixed feelings about staying home, but had decided to make the most of it.

On Friday night we got a sitter for the two little girls and took the older kids mini golfing.

I took the girls one way.

Hubby took the boys the other way.

This pretty much sums up the girls' golfing game. A big free for all! They haven't played much so we didn't bother keeping score. Thankfully we were the only ones there, so we could play however we wanted. The course is gorgeous! It was full of flowers and had streams and waterfalls running thru it.
The boys, of course, finished way before us, but they didn't mind waiting for us to be done.

We then headed to Dairy Queen, got ice cream and walked down to the river.

We sat on the steps and watched the paddle boarders and kayakers show their stuff in the rapids. This guy on the paddle board was awesome! He made it look so easy. I think he enjoyed showing off to our little troop.

We spent the day on Saturday taking care of things around the house. Hubby started putting the retaining wall back in in the front yard. It was tedious and there was very little visual progress. He had to chip all the mortar off each block, re-level the ground, etc. I started taking apart the wall on the other side of the sidewalk.
Our progress was derailed when a friend called and said his wife was admitted to the hospital with complications with her pregnancy. He wanted to drop his kids off so he could go be with her while they did some testing. We gladly stopped our work and took care of their kids for the rest of the evening. Long story short, she ended up being airlifted to Denver that night.

On Sunday we woke the kids up bright and early and told them we were headed to Denver to visit our friends in the hospital. Our two year old said, "Yay!" then she paused and said, "I can't go to the hospital because I don't have a big belly!" Apparently for her the only reason to go to the hospital is to have a baby. :)

Oops. Looks like we ended up at the zoo instead of the hospital.

Someone wasn't too impressed at the smell at this exhibit.

She is, by far, our biggest animal lover. She squealed with delight and jabbered at every animal! She got exhausted after lunch and slept in the stroller for a couple hours, something she never does.

We sat in a few shows. Our two "chickens" didn't like the noise level.

We stopped for a picnic lunch in the plush grass.

Who's checking out who?

We finished off with the seal show, which is always a hit. We left the zoo, tired and happy, and headed for the hospital.
I did a turbo visit with our friends while Hubby wandered the gardens outside with the kids. I was glad to be able to make it to see her. We're keeping our fingers crossed she'll be discharged today as planned.

No comments: