Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Favorite Muffins

I used most of today to catch up on laundry and to do some baking. Lemon Bars for a bridal shower tonight. Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins for all the kiddies to munch on. I've promised myself a full day of sewing tomorrow! Sweetness!!





Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a favorite around here. Especially when paired with a cup of coffee. (the kids may beg to differ on that statement) This batch had character, each had their own individual, unique "innie belly button"! (Disclaimer: Food Stager, I am not and never will be. While I'll never be able to take food pictures where the food looks as good as it tastes, trust me, these muffins are delicious!)



The only muffin pans I have are stoneware so my muffins always have a yummy crust around the entire muffin. No more soggy muffin bottoms! (blech)

Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup butter, softenend
2 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 cup lemon yogurt
2 tsp lemon extract
2 cups flour
3 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



Cream together butter and 1 cup of sugar. Beat in eggs, then stir in yogurt and extract.



In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, poppy seeds, soda and salt. Add to butter mixtured until moistened.



Grease muffin tins. Pour batter into tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 12-18 muffins. (depends on the size of your tins.)

3 comments:

jessica said...

do yours sink because of the elevation?

able mabel said...

Might be. I didn't modify them for the elevation. Maybe the Master Baker (aka JB) will weigh in with her knowledge.

jen said...

Ahem! If you cut the sugar (plain yogurt instead of lemon, and reduce the sugar amount by half), your muffins might lose their belly buttons. I use this recipe too, and mine are usually flat, as opposed to dipped.