Thursday, April 8, 2010

A challenge done.

One of the blogs that I read daily is think fast by Kim.


Earlier this week she issued a challenge for all of us readers to create a card using on of Paper Crafts sketches.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really much of a card maker. (JB has done all of the cards in our shop) It's always been a hard size for me to work with.
However, this darling organizer filled with goodies was mighty tempting...It's quite the dangling carrot, isn't it? Delicious!

I decided to get out of my comfort zone and make a card.I choose this sketch...and made this card. A few variations from the original sketch but so be it.
I used black cardstock with a subtle pattern. The blue with hints of pink is paper by My Mind's Eye. The pink is a strip of ribbon. The sentiment, flourish, flower and bird are all rub-ons.
I can see many flaws that I'm itching to fix but I'm not touching it anymore. Kim never said it had to be perfect to be entered into the drawing. :)
Now back to my comfort zone I go!

1 comment:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your card is great! So much for trying to convince us you don't do cards... right, we believe you. LOL! =) I might just have to try my hand at this challenge... the prize is definitely tempting! Hey, if you're in the mood for another challenge, we have a color challenge on our blog that is open to all kinds of craft... not just cards! It might be right up your alley! =) http://twohappystampers.blogspot.com/2010/04/aprils-ths-color-challenge-3.html