Lately I have wanted to create something with a peacock on it. So last night I started in on the tail feathers. What a good time! The kids wouldn't let me work so I put it aside and picked it up again this afternoon during naptime.
The head of this poor peacock came out looking like the Loch Ness Monster instead of a peacock! Oh dear! No matter how much I monkeyed with it, I still couldn't get it right. Once again, I set it aside. I had looked online last night to see if I could find a picture of one that would work to follow for the sketch but I couldn't find one that was "just right". This evening as I was cooking dinner, I finally found what I was looking for! Exciting! Hopefully tonight after the kids go to bed I'll be able to follow this picture. (at least for the head so the peacock actually looks like a peacock!) It's always a plus when something actually looks like what you're trying to make!