Friday, June 20, 2008

Speak Softly


and carry a big......whisk? Is that how that saying goes?
Project Wonderful update:
Our first campaign ended this morning....we ran out of money. Being that it was our first campaign, I only committed $5 to it because I wanted to see how it went. It was a total experiment.
Two things I learned:
  • Only run one ad during a campaign. This time I had three different ones running. All three ads showed up at the same time on a few of the sites. What a waste of money!
  • Only run the ads at specific times during the day. I left it wide open for some reason. Probably not a good idea.

We did have 33 clicks (that means 33 people clicked on our ad and it brought them to our shop). That's 33 more people that hadn't know we existed that now know about us. Whether they still remember us, is a whole 'nother deal.

I'll probably run a few more campaigns and see how they go. A campaign is when you let Project Wonderful do the bidding for you. You set the specifications and they do the rest. Otherwise you can pick and choose indiviual sites you'd like to place your ad on and bid on each one separately. I still haven't decided which is the best way yet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too tried Project Wonderful and spent $10.....I don't think I got much out of it, certainly not a sale. Live and learn?