Monday, November 30, 2009

Musings

  • Today is all about the visual progress of cleaning up stacks of leftover vacation junk.
  • Folding clothes with a squirmy 11.8 month old on the lap is not good.
  • Distracting her by putting a sock on her hand did allow me to turbo fold the towels.
  • All was well until she crawled off my lap and knocked over the stack of already folded washcloths.
  • Speaking of which...I finally remembered to buy new dish cloths. Hubby will be quite impressed. The old ones were down to shreds. Not even cleaning rag worthy. Simple pleasures for simple people!
  • I still get an ocassional shutter when I think of the wrong driver we met at 2am in Council Bluffs, IA on our way to MN. Could have been quite disasterous! Make a person appreciate life!
  • My fingers are itching to create some new light switch covers. But in an effort to keep the peace in the family, I better get the house in order today so I can "play" tomorrow.
  • I think it must not be meant for me to take vacations. Everywhere I've gone (MN and New York), the weather is yucky...rainy and cloudy. I get back home and it's all glorious sunshine! ;) Either I quit going or I keep going until I find nice weather...
  • I was quick in ordering my Christmas cards, now we'll see how long they sit in their box untouched. I got some done in MN but still have a ton more to do.
  • It's the first time I've seen it....a box of animal crackers that has both lions and sheep in it. It struck me as an interesting combo.
  • Hubby accidently hit a button on the keyboard last night and now we have large print of our screen. It's unnerving. We can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Any ideas?
  • I bought a new rolling pin the other day as a sort of bribe. I'm seriously hoping Hubby will make prune tarts again this year. They were the best I've ever tasted.
  • As we listen to Christmas music, I am making a summery supper. Fish with oven potatoes. Yum.
  • My three year old is chewing out his five year old sister for "scribbling" instead coloring on her school paper. Heehee.

No comments: