Friday, May 4, 2012

Week 3 Assignment

Can you tell life has been busy around here?
The blog is the first thing to get neglected.

Our assignment for Week 3 was depth of field.
Here is what I turned in:
 This one was a creative way to show depth of field.
I could not resist taking pictures of this sweet baby girl.
I love how she holds her hands!

Typically on our assignments, we're given an exercise to do and then for the second part is taking what we've learned and using it in a creative way (as in the picture above).

Here is the exercise we did.
We had to find two cooperative subjects and place them 1-2 feet apart and slightly to the right of each other.
We then had to adjust our aperture up and down, taking picture after picture.


My cooperative subjects were my daughter and the green chair to the left.
I liked how blurry the background is here but I don't like the house coming out of the side of her head.

I moved her a bit and then had to choose between the house or a stop sign coming out of the top of her head. I chose the house. :)
By now though, two little rugrats spied what I was doing and didn't want to be left out.
They were jostling for position on the chair, screeching at each other.
Definitely not cooperative.
This is the one picture that looks like they are sitting nicely so it's what I turned in.

No comments: