Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Late Night Visitors

Last night, or technically this morning, at about 2 am, a car pulled up in front of our house and stopped. I peeked out our window and saw that the people had gotten out of their car and walked up to our door. All the doors of their car were wide open, lights on, including the back hatch.

I was baffled. There is nothing in our house that anyone could want that they'd be so obvious about coming to get. I racked my brain to think if we had left anything outside they could possible "use". I debated about waking up Hubby.

As a man walked down our front steps, I swallowed my fright and called out, "Can I help you?"

"Fed Ex delivered a package to our house for you. Some sort of little kids seat." he replied. His female co-hart added, "Whew, it was heavy!"

I sleepily thanked them, chuckling to myself. In the busyness of the weekend, I had forgotten that the fourth seat for our Suburban was suppose to be getting delivered sometime this week.

Sure enough, when we woke up this morning (late for school. Day 3 and we're already oversleeping) there it was on our front step. Why they felt the need to bring it to us at 2 am is beyond me, I'm just thankful they were kind enough to haul it over to our house. Someone is already dreaming of all the places this seat will take her.

Fed Ex showed up on my doorstep today with another package from the seat company. As I signed for it, the delivery guy commented that it was funny that package #1 didn't require a signature but package #2 did. His partner said, "It did. The housekeeper signed for it yesterday."

"Actually," I told him. "You delivered yesterday's package to the wrong house." They looked a bit sheepish, as well they should. It all turned out. Now to get this seat into the 'Burb...

5 comments:

Ruth said...

2am?! What were they thinking? They must be nocturnal. I was going to ask you about your seating arrangement in your 'burb' but the thought passed without voicing itself. Now you will have 2 new hotspots!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Those seats are heavy! I can just about imagine 2 people hauling that thing around at 2 in the morning... crazy! ;)

Debbie said...

that is craziness! 2am! wow! enjoy the seat, it was definitely a hot spot in our vehicle for awhile, now the kids argue about who doesn't have to sit back there! ;-)

Dan and Rita said...

They probably felt dumb that they signed for it and figured they would dump it off in the middle of the night...

Jenna said...

That's a little cooky, yet sweet at the same time....