Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Limbo

When I checked my email yesterday morning, I saw that I had one from Etsy Transactions, letting me know I had a sale. Sweet! I love those kinds of emails! I did a double take and gasped when I read the actual email. 24 items, all to one customer?! Are you for real?!


My elation turned to dread and doubt as the minutes passed and still no email from PayPal telling me the customer had paid. I had a feeling it was too good to be true.


About 15 minutes later, she emailed saying she was having trouble paying. Being that she was international, I wasn't too surprised. Occasionally that'll happen, although most payments will go thru eventually.



Needless to say, we're still trying to get the payment to happen. It may take a while with the time difference.



In the meantime, I'm not sure what I should think. The thought of possibly having to relist all those items and cancel the transaction is overwhelming. Those items are essentially "on hold" for her until we figure this out and my shop is feeling rather bare. Yes, there are still 120 some items but within each sections, the selections are pretty limited.


I know she really wants the products so I'm trying to think positively. I'm having a hard time getting inspired to make more product though until I know for sure. It's such an odd feeling.

Granted, I haven't even had time to pull out anything able mabel related, so I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way. Maybe I just know that I should be getting my house in order instead of "playing". Maybe it's a post vacation funk. Maybe it's the fact that I'm still sleep deprived from the weekend (the lack of sleep was well worth it.).


Whatever it is, it needs to take a hike quickly. I think I'll clear my schedule for the next two days and try get back in the groove. As long as Lou cooperates... :) She's worth it. I promise I won't get fuzzed up if she needs to be held for the next two days. She's way more important.

4 comments:

Angela said...

You should send an invoice to her via paypal- it cuts a step out for her. You get paid, she gets the items, and Etsy still gets their part too!

Congrats! The same thing happened to me over Christmas and it was a huge order- but it all worked out!

able mabel said...

That's what I did Angela and it still didn't work.

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Hopefully one of these years, I'll be in your position! ;)
Amy

Selma said...

Way to go, Leann! I hope it works out. Tell you what, if your customer lives in Australia, I'll hand deliver the items to her. She might croak, however, when she sees the shipping charge!