Monday, March 17, 2008

The sale update


The sale on Saturday was kind of a dud. There weren't a lot of shoppers and those that came were just browsing. We did sell some stuff and gave out every business card we had with us. That many more people have now heard of able mabel. Who knows where those connections (from the business cards) will take us. There are two other sales near us more towards fall where the buyers come out in droves. I told the sisters that we can't give up until we've tried those two.



Now we have all this product on hand and the possibilities are endless as far as what we can now do with it. We've gone from production mode to marketing/selling mode. There is always the option of setting up a darling display in one of our garages, putting out signs and seeing what happens. Of course our Etsy store will be restocked and I think we'll try sell some of the smaller stuff from our blog.

Sister M took these pictures with my camera since I was working the sale for Pampered Chef. I was disappointed I couldn't be at the able mabel booth but I have been neglecting my Pampered Chef business and would really like to get that going again.

Tomorrow morning our internet service provider is going to send out a tech to look at our modem. I haven't been able to connect to the internet in the mornings. I like to get into my office first thing in the morning, update my blog and take care of our Etsy details. The rest of the day gets so busy, it's hard to find the time to do it. It'll be nice to get that taken care of.

Time to put the kiddos to bed! See you in the morning!

5 comments:

Artifax said...

That is too bad about your sale, but you never know ... one of those people who took your card could be looking at your esty shop at this very moment. Also, your display at the store was just wonderful!


I think the garage idea is good. We have several crafters in town who get together to do a group garage event and they do pretty well.

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Yours is just lovely!!

Dragonfly Knit Designs said...

I love your display! See you in Etsyworld:)

Teal Chic said...

I love your display!! I just went to your etsy page, love your colorful stuff!!!

Christa - SoHo Couture said...

The pics of your display are awesome, even if the sale didn't go so hot! I am doing a sale on April 4th...it's my first one :)

Carry Grace said...

Your display looks fabulous! I'm sorry the sale wasn't any better.