Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm feeling a little bit chatty

but am getting a taste of my own medicine...hubby has his nose buried in a book (he's at the end, very riveting!) and doesn't want to listen to me. Hate when that happens (the taste of my own medicine, that is).

I took our 4 year old to a wedding tonight. She was full of questions...
  • Why does that guy (the usher) have to help those people in (to the church)? Will they cry if he doesn't help them?
  • Now who's going to sing?
  • Why is that lady walking so fast? Because her baby is crying?
  • Why does he (the usher again) have to help us out? Can't we help ourselves?
  • Are we going to get to eat cake now?
  • Do I have to give that lady (the bride) a hug?

and on and on. I felt like I was shushing her the whole time. Overall she did good and it was fun to have her there with me.


On the able mabel front...

JB and I worked on getting a smaller version of this bag done today. Someone had requested it over the weekend and today was the first day we had time to work on it. I'll have to get it photographed and listed tomorrow.


While she was finishing up the purse, I started on a pouch. I got part of it sewed but not all. The time to wrap things up came all too soon. "Real life" obligations, you know. It'll probably be next week before I can get back over there and do some more sewing. Really, I have to get my own machine. Someday, someday...

Just heard the book clunk to the floor (that's my sign to wrap things up here. Short and sweet, I guess). Good night! See you in the morning!

No comments: