Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To list or not to list

 I've been ordering Michael Miller fabrics by the bolt. Because of the minimums I need to order each time, I've been listing the fabrics for sale in my shop and selling them by the yard (or however many yards people want to buy).


Today the USP man dropped off two more bolts.
and

 I bought 4 bolts (2 are coming later) to coordinate with most of my fabrics I have in my stash.  My intent is to use them for the new blankets I'm working on.  The larger blanket take 1 full yard of coordinating fabric.  That means I'll only get 15 blankets out of each bolt.

So what should I do?
  • list the fabrics for sale and if I sell out I can take the money I made and put it towards another bolt of either the same fabric or a different one?
  • or do I keep it all for myself and don't list it?

No comments: