Thursday, May 15, 2008

Doing a little sewing


We had a customer who wanted a pouch made for using the same fabric in this pouch pictured. I had gotten this piece from Target (I've blogged about it before) off the clearance rack, I was crossing my fingers we had some left. We had just enough to make her one.

I went over to JB's this afternoon since that is where we do all our sewing. I ended up doing the whole thing from start to finish. First time I've done it all. Usually I cut out and iron and JB does the actual sewing. Okay, I admit it, it was very basic sewing. Still, I was nervous.

I promise, every single sewing machine must know when I sit down in front of it because it always jams. Reason #1 I don't usually sew. Today was no different. I literally got three stitches done and it jammed! JB had booby-trapped it by not loading the bobbin right! After that rough start, the rest went smoothly! All it needs is a button and it's ready to be listed.

2 comments:

Oh Mandie said...

Its really cute! I love the fold over design :-)

Beyond the RockZ said...

Love the colors ... just wonderful!