Monday, January 10, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!

One of my Christmas presents from my husband was a craft room. He started it after Thanksgiving and was done by the 23rd of December. Quite the guy!

Since then, I have slowly, very slowly, but surely getting it organized. It is definitely a work in progress.

I'll give you your first sneak peek. Three pictures, that's it. :) More will follow as I get more done. I promise.

On either side of my built in work table, there is a cabinet with open shelves. One side is for my sewing supplies. Over the last few months, I've saved glass jars to store stuff in. Snaps, key fob hardware, buttons, pom pom trim, etc. I love the look. Under the cabinet are my sewing tools that I use daily.
On the other side is my scrapbooking and paper craft supplies. (Can't forget the kleenex box!) Under this cabinet is some misc scrapbooking supplies that don't fit in my other organizer.
These cabinets will fill up more as I get more stuff moved into this room. This will probably get moved around, rearranged as I figure out just how I like to work.

My table is a lot of storage space under it. The grey tote is my Good Intentions Tote which houses half finished projects, misc supplies, "oopsies" that need to the seams ripped, etc. (Please tell me I'm not the only one with this type of tote.) I have most of my scrapbooking papers, rubons, stamps, and such stored in the black organizer. My key fob supplies are in the 3 drawer organizer. On top of my Good Intentions Tote is my little tote of light switch covers and behind that is my jewelry making supplies. Looks like I won't be reaching into the GI Tote anytime soon, it's pretty buried! Also under the table is my shipping supplies and totes of fabric.
On Saturday Hubby got our big, beefy desk sanded down and restained. Once it is muscled into this room, there will be more to organize.
I have most of the fun and easy-to-put-away supplies organized. Now I'm left with a bunch of odds and ends. Stuff I don't want to get rid of but I don't really know what to do with. Should I get another tote and toss it all in there? :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is it just me, or is that Kleenex box oversized?

jen said...

I also have good intentions totes. Every few years I rediscover them...and toss the contents to make room for the new good intentions!

jen said...

Fun to see a few pictures.