Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 6 Assignment

This week was all about lighting. Direct lighting, indirect lighting and indoor lighting.

We had to upload a picture of the scene of our photo shoot and then one picture we liked and one we didn't. I'll spare you by not posting the ones I didn't like. :)

First up, direct lighting.
 I did this on in the roundabout of our neighborhood.
This was a tough one for me.
I much prefer indirect lighting.
I think I did and redid this at least 4 different times.

 Here is what I turned in.
Luckily for me, I can get a lot of practice in this type of lighting.
We have many, many gorgeous evenings where I live.


Next, indirect lighting.
 I took these ones outside under the shade of our porch roof.

 I brought her up to the edge of the shade to take this picture.


Lastly, indoor lighting.
 Our bedroom in the early afternoon, in front of our big window.

My dreamer child. She has a huge imagination and is often lost in her own little world. :)
Had I been able to crop this picture, I would have taken out the edge of the bed on the left.
I used a 35mm lens on this picture.
Sometimes I get more than I bargained for in the final picture with this lens. Like the bed.
It was not showing in my view finder when I took the picture.
Oh well. That is where photo editing comes in handy. :)

No comments: