Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Setting Goals

As kids, Hubby and I both had horrible teeth. We're talking overbite, buck teeth, the whole works. We both ended up getting braces as teenagers.



While I can't speak for him, I can say that it changed my life in a big way. It made me more confident (I seriously thought twice before opening my mouth either to talk, smile or laugh), and more comfortable with myself. It sounds shallow, it sounds vain, but it's true. So many times since then I have very thankful for having braces. (Thanks again Mom and Dad!)



I would love to be able to do the same for our kids that need braces in a bad way. So far the oldest three need them, not cosmetically but for their bite. I had our oldest two girls in for their consultations this morning. We'll start our 11 year old with a "bite fixing appliance" while our 9 yr old doesn't need to do anything quite yet. She still has too many baby teeth.



Orthdontic work = a hit on the pocketbook. Yikes!



Even with insurance (a pretty piddly amount but still something) and interest free payment plans, it still comes out to be a decent amount every month.



This is where goal setting comes in. I would love to build on the success able mabel has had this year and make 2011 even better. I would love to be able to pay for my kids braces out of the "able mabel fund".



That means:


  • Getting off my duff and getting my listings updated, key words changed, tags added or subtracted. Things I've been putting off for a long time.
  • Creating, creating, creating new product.
  • Listing my link in various link directories. (free and easy backlink to my shop)
  • Work more on free advertising.
  • Blogging daily Monday thru Friday.
  • The list could go on and on.

I'm hoping with my new craft room (which is almost done), it'll streamline the whole creating process from start to shipping. I'll be able to spend more time working on product rather than setting up, cleaning up, re-organizing, etc.

No comments: