Friday, February 8, 2008

Staying away!

Today my goal is to whip out some projects. I decided that I would update our blog, check out our Etsy store and then try to spend as much time as I can downstairs. I'm sure I'll check in a few times throughout the day...


I'm trying not to think about how much fun my my mom and sisters are going to have on their field trip tomorrow. I'm staying home. My husband is in the middle of finishing the upstairs (how long have we lived here?). If I go he can't/won't work up there. I really, really, really want him to get it done, so I'll stay home. Sister C is going to school in the U.P. and she just e-mailed saying she can't come down this weekend. We'll plan another weekend in March when we can hopefully go.



Here is a picture of our (myself and JB*) humble "studio". It's just two pieces of plywood on top of three sawhorses. We covered it with a plastic tablecloth. Not the most classy set up, but it works for us. We each have a side and our necessary supplies are in the middle with arms reach. We have two card tables set up with boxes for all our paper, scraps, etc. At the stage of life we are both in, this is the best it'll be for a while. The picture is kind of dark because I took it on a cloudy day, late in the afternoon. You get the idea...



*JB and I live three houses apart. We set the table up in my basement because it's unfinished and we don't need the space right now. When she wants to work, she'll drive/walk over, usually with toddlers in tow. Our kids play together as we work. It's a pretty good gig.

No comments: