Wednesday, September 30, 2009
We try to eat pretty healthy around here. Fruits and veggies are part of every meal. Sweets in moderation, etc. Since going to a restaurant is still considered a "treat" over here, I don't get too hung up on what the kids order. The two and three year old split a hamburger and fries and each got an apple juice.
When the waitress set the plate down in front of the three year old, he looked at it for a long time. Finally he looks at me, all puzzled and face starting to crumble, and asked, "Well, what's for fruit?" Quickly averting a potential breakdown, I told him we'd have fruit once we got home. Satisfied, he happily munched down the burger but left his fries on his plate.
There's hope, right Mom?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
We made our messes side by side and both were as happy as clams.
She got the better end of the deal though. Now she's napping and I'm left to clean up both messes.
Nobody ever said life was fair! :)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday morning found me shoveling my way thru the playroom/boys' bedroom. With only the three littles home, it was a pretty taunting task without the big helpers around. News Flash! I discovered that under the layer of Duplos, Legos, airplanes, Little People...there is actually "real" carpet in that room!
I also managed to weed thru my bedroom, the front closet and my towering mountain of laundry. I collapsed into bed that night happily exhausted.
It's amazing what a clean...er...organized house can do to a person.
- Now instead of just tossing things on my desk, I actually (gasp) feel like putting them where they belong.
- Ditto for clothes.
- Instead of playing "Let's-see-how-many-times-we-can-hit-each-other-in-an-hour-and-run-to-Mom-screaming" my toddlers actually play with TOYS. (Now that is worth it's weight in gold thousands of times over.)
- My stress level is slim to none.
- I feel refreshed and ready to tackle whatever this week may bring.
(Famous last words said on Sunday morning...."Hey Hon! We don't have anything on our schedule for this week!" Oops. Good one. Sunday night it was more like, "Which days to we have open this week?" :) )
Let's not talk about how long this clean streak will last....that's beside the point! :)
Friday, September 25, 2009
eco deal... your choice of ONE custom initialized felt stocking in fun filled colours from rik rak.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- It's one of those lovely days where no one can get along. No way. No how. I've had a few fleeting thoughts, though very brief, of switching "careers" with my husband.
- We'll get thru it though. Only 54.987 minutes until lunch and then naps. Yes!
- I just might hang out in my little girls' room for the rest of the day. Either there or the kids' bathroom. They are the only two clean rooms in the house. Refreshing...
- I know I sound like I'm whining, but I'm not. Just letting you know that life in able mabel land is very much like every other household out there.
- I still haven't found my missing tote of 18-24 mo and 2T girls clothes. I'm talking a whole tote missing, not just a few outfits. I have girls that need those clothes this winter. I will continue my hunt during naptime. Unless I talk myself into working on able mabel or craft sale stuff instead. :)
- I'm heading to New York with my mom and sisters in October. Anyone have any shopping "must stops" for us?
- I'm on the hunt for a new pair of jeans. I only have one pair that fits me anymore and it's quite annoying. At least one other pair would be lovely.
- I've totally gotten out of the exercise mode. I think today I'll force myself to do at least one 20 minute session of the 30 Day Shred. I know I need it, not just physically but mentally.
- The towering mountain of laundry is calling my name. I better answer it so I can take the afternoon off of housework. I've gotten enough done today to warrant it, don't you think? :)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Bye!!! See? She thought it was neat. She keeps clapping at me.
Friday, September 18, 2009
First on my list is think fast. (It's only first because I saved it to my favorites first.) Kim is a truly amazing gal. Scrapping, sewing, decorating, you name it, she does it and does it well. Sigh. If only I could be half as talented as her, I'd be in my glory! She's funny too which is always a plus. No coffee required when reading her blog!
Then there's Torm. She puts a very real and humorous spin in daily life. What a hoot!
Can't forget about Note to Self. This one is a photography blog owned and operated by Kim's ultra talented daughter Meghan. Her work is amazing, not to mention her little comments she adds in.
Since time is always at a premium for me there are a few others that I only hit a few times a week.
Finding new blogs is always fun. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Psst...Next week I'd like to give a shout out to some followers of this blog who have Etsy shops or sites elsewhere. Shoot me a note letting me know if it's okay to use some photos from your shop.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Good Night All!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I need help on this one. I was totally experimenting to see if I like the two tone paper look (I don't) and ways to minimize, but hopefully eliminate, any glare on the glass. Frustration abounds with these. They're darling and I feel like I'm hoarding them by not having any of the listed yet.
Meanwhile, I don't have very good sunlight in the afternoon so I took it all outside. (not a very wise choice either.) I'm using two fingers to hold the paper down when the wind decides tointerfere and blows the card over. Sigh. I pick it back up, the wind knocks it down, I pick it up, the wind...I get the hint and pack up my stuff. Guess I'll have to work on something else this afternoon.
Yoga or light switch covers?
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
"lazy man's patchwork" blanket. Rumpled, wrinkled and strings still attached. Looks like I'll have to iron it up before I take "real" pictures of it. I do love the fabrics in this one.
I was trying to be an equal opportunity sewer today but alas, the girls won. I flat out ran out of time. I had another boy blanket all ready to go but life happens...it was time to start dinner, the kids came home from school, the littles woke up from their naps, etc.
Monday, September 7, 2009
I had a wonderful weekend in AZ. A lot of visiting, a little shopping plus much encouragement equals a happy and relaxed mom. (at least for a few hours this morning ;) )
My kids threw me their usual Homecoming Party. After squeals of delight when they saw me this morning (and the question posed by my two year old, "Oh! You were grocery shopping, Mom?" Guess I need to leave more often!), they started in on their games.
- "Wipe Booger Noses All Over Mom All At The Same Time"
- "See Who Can Be The Most Demanding So Mom Wishes She Was Still Gone"
- "Let's All Load Our Drawers One Right After Another"
- "Launch Yourself At Mom's Legs, Locking Her Into A Massive Bear Hug (one of my favs)
- "Bury Faces Into Mom's Shoulder While Giggling With Delight" (another one of my favs)
Sigh. I'm glad some things never change!
At one point of chaos this morning, I told my kids to stop fighting or else I'll run away and they'll have to find a new mom. (I know, I know it was an empty threat.) My five year old replied, "Oh sweet! I'll just go find Kara to be my mom!" Guess I can't hold a candle to Kara...
It's time to face the music. Every room in this house needs my attention (a side effect of having not only a sick baby while I was gone but also a sick husband. I wonder if he was just sick of watching the kids... ;) I'm just kidding there. ), my laundry pile is falling over and I have orders to work on.
Back to reality! Life is good.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
He woke up from his nap earlier than the other kids. I pulled out a bag of Sun Chips and gave each of us a little pile. He saw me reach into the bag for another helping (I was so busted!).
"Hey! Can I please have more chips?"
"Cuz I'm a pig and you're not."
"I'm a pig too. Can I have more chips?"
"Why did you get more chips?"
"Because I'm the Mom."
(without missing a beat, he replied...) "I'm a kid. Now can I have more?"
So much for any authority in this household.
(for the record...I did not give him more chips. He got a gummy worm instead.)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
They were in the package of goodies JB brought down with her. I'm just tickled at how cute they are. I'm sure I've clearly established my love and obsession for poppies so it's no wonder I dove straight for this one.
(For those who don't know, able mabel is mostly mine with a few of my sister JB's items sprinkled in. I love seeing her latest and greatest!)
My Monday morning glow quickly faded yesterday afternoon when a stubborned infection I've been fighting for a week and a half (thru two rounds of antibiotics) decided to take itself one step further, effectively flattening me onto the couch. Not fun. I got put on a stronger medicine last night...the catch? I have to pump and dump. It's sheer torture for a baby who loves to nurse! You should have heard her cry this morning when I put the bottle in her mouth. It was heart wrenching, I felt like crying with her!! I want her to take a bottle and all (especially since I'm leaving her when I go to New York in Oct with my mom and sisters) but I hate this part of it!
I'm definitely feeling more human this morning but so much for any bustling I was going to do today. Looks like I better take it easy and work on able mabel or the craft sale instead! (I knew there was a sliver lining somewhere!) :)
Because of all that mess yesterday, here is yesterday's blog post one day late! :) As I scurried around in the morning straightening up the house and washing mounds of laundry, these two kept themselves busy seeing if they could jump off the couch over the doll. He was pretty funny. "Hey Mom! Wanna see me do a 180?" He swivels his arms a bit in the air and jumped straight down. "Dat cool Mom? Wanna see me do a 160?" (ahhh...360?) Same thing. Swivel of the arms and falls straight to the ground. He thought he was big time!
One thing I did sew up yesterday was another Red Birdie Blanket. I got it listed and it sold within a few hours. Something tells me that I better start scooping up all of this fabric I can find as these continue to be popular. The last few I've done have sold quickly. This fabric is no longer being printed and I haven't yet found one that is "close enough". I think there is still one shop on Etsy that sells it. (I won't name the store until I buy all that they have. ;) )